Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Not Too Shabby...

... If I don't say so myself! So, my plans of going to the school to work in my room today didn't happen.  I went yesterday for a little less than two hours.  I knew I wouldn't be there all day.  I really only had one thing in mind that I absolutely wanted to get done, but I thought it would take thirty minutes at the most!  I was wrong... I kept changing my mind on how I wanted it done.  Here is a pic of the finished product!


There were many times last year that I would run to the restroom and wish I had brought something with me (feminine product, pony tail holder, dental floss etc.), so I decided I would buy something like this to store those things in that we don't always think about.  I bought these drawers for $10, and I have been buying things that are good deals to go inside.  I figure I will stock it at the beginning of the year and then hopefully the other teachers will get the idea and bring stuff for it.  Yesterday, I filled the inside with the stuff I had bought for it so far.  The top drawer contains 3 air fresheners and a lint roller.  The middle drawer has 3 things of bayer aspirin, cough drops, and a few packs of gum.  The bottom drawer has a package of pads and pantiliners. All of the stuff inside was purchased for less than $8... with coupons of course!  

Speaking of my coupons... the reason I didn't go up to the school today is because I got started couponing this morning.  Chris has two nice ladies he works with that bring him their coupon inserts every Monday.  So on weeks like this one, when I didn't buy a Sunday paper, I can still have access to this weeks coupons!  I cut out and organized the 3 inserts that he received, and then I made a list.  Now, I don't like to make a list and just go to one store to make it convenient.  I like to make as many lists as possible to get the best deals as possible!  So, this morning my list consisted of 5 stores.  I only ended up going to 4 though: Dollar General, Walgreens, CVS, and Tom Thumb.  Here is a pic of the goodies I picked up!


Some of the stuff is hard to see, so I will explain.  I got two boxes of toilet cleaner and two boxes of gain dryer sheets at Dollar General.  Then I got two boxes of tampons and a venus razor at Walgreens.  At CVS, I got a pack of bobby pins, pony tail holders, and hair clips and a jumbo pack of dental flosser picks. My last stop was Tom Thumb.  I got 3 boxes of fruit snacks, three boxes of granola bars, a package of pantiliners, and two packages of pads.  In all, I spent $35.62.  My total should have been $76.21 which gives me a 54% savings.  Some stores were better than others, and I still have $7 in extra bucks to go back and spend at Walgreens.  They don't always like it when you break up your number of transactions, so I plan on going back tomorrow.

The best part was after my shopping I stopped by my gym to get a quick 15 minute massage on the hydro bed.  It was amazing!  I can always use some relaxation after a couple hours of couponing!  I'm about to head to pick up Chris.  Hopefully we can work out tonight, but the main thing I plan on doing is cleaning upstairs... fun, I know!  I'm just so excited about using the new toilet bowl cleaner I got!

No comments:

Post a Comment