Friday, March 23, 2012

My Bad...

I HAVE TO WARN YOU... This is a long post!


So, I didn't do a very good job of blogging over the rest of my Spring Break because... well... IT FLEW BY!  I ended up being a little busier than I thought I would due to some unexpected wedding planning :)

I knew I was going to look at a couple of places last Wednesday, and I really thought I would end up picking one of them as my venue.  My mom and Melanie went with me.  It was really helpful to have both of them there.  Melanie asks really good questions, and I don't get to see my mom as often as I would like to.  The first place was a nice venue, but it was too far away and the drive there was a little unpleasant.  And by a little... I mean a lot.  The second place was SO BEAUTIFUL!  Looking at it, I was pleased with almost everything... until I found out the price.  It would have cost us WAY too much money.  So, I was a little disappointed because I really thought I was going to find the perfect place that day!  I looked online Wednesday night and ended up finding two more places to look at on Thursday.  My mom and Mel were able to go again, and this time we ended up with my niece and nephew, Madilyn and Braylon, and Madilyn's cousin, Madison.  The first place we went to was a little rustic for my taste.  Melanie really liked it, and it probably would have worked if I couldn't come up with anywhere else... but it just didn't feel quite right.  The second place we went to took my breath away!  It was GORGEOUS!  It is on Lake Grapevine in Southlake which isn't too far away, and the drive there is amazing!  It is surrounded by beautiful mansions... and Madison told my mom she knows they are mansions because they don't have parking lots (too cute!)  So, after discussing it with Chris, I emailed the lady who works there and told her we are in!  She emailed me the contract that we will be turning in soon, so that means .... WE HAVE OUR VENUE PICKED OUT!!!

Needless to say, with both of those days gone, I did not finish sewing all the pieces I wanted to.  I did finish my robe.  I have made it twice before.  The first time was a Christmas gift for my grandma.  I was sort of proud of it, but it was pretty bad.  I mean, you could tell it was a robe, but my Grandma asked my mom if she was supposed to finish it... (I didn't realize it was that bad).  Then, I made it a second time for my sister, Laura.  It looked a lot better, but I still had room for improvement.  I am proud to say that this time was my best so far.  I guess the 3rd time really is the charm!  I'll put some pictures up later.  I also started the baby bunting that I was planning on making for a fellow teacher at school who is a new grandmother, but I didn't have the binding to go around the outside.  I will finish it... maybe this weekend!  

So now, I am back in school.  It's already Friday!  This week flew by... but it was difficult!  Every single day was just SO busy!  We were finishing up a unit over the rock cycle so they would be ready for the test they are taking today (which is why I am able to type this right now), and we just had a lot to cover this week!  I also had a meeting Monday morning (7:30) to update testing accommodations for the upcoming STAAR test, I had a staff meeting on Wednesday morning (7:30) to go over training for the STAAR test, I had an off-campus meeting Wednesday (10:30) for a student at another school, I had another testing update meeting on Thursday (3:50), and I had a parent conference Friday morning (7:30) for one of my little ones who has a bad attitude. And on top of ALL of that... I saw The Hunger Games last night!  I more than LOVED the books, but I didn't love the movie.  I didn't not like it, I just didn't love it as much as the book.


*Side note:  The parent meeting on Thursday after school was a hoot.  We were waiting on the parent to get there.  Well, the counselor walked in with a woman and introduced us all.  There wasn't a lot of conversation exchanged because we were waiting on a translator, but we were able to say hi and small talk of the like.  Well, our other counselor got there so she could translate.  She started talking to the parent, who looked very confused at this point.  Turns out, she wasn't the parent.  She was... wait for it.... a custodian!  The first counselor who brought her back to the conference room saw the woman, asked her if she was "Maria", the woman said yes, so she brought her back.  It was hilarious!!!  She was a new custodian, which is why we didn't recognize her!  She laughed too... I was glad she saw the humor in it too!


Anyway...I ended up getting a new car over the weekend.  It is super cute.  I traded in my SUV for a gas-friendly car that also has a lower payment!  (Have to save for that wedding!)  I got it Saturday, and on Sunday, my check engine came on!  I COULDN'T believe it.  I seriously thought I had gotten a lemon!  But, Chris took it to the dealership for me on Monday, and it turned out that they hadn't tightened the accelerator pedal enough.  I'll show a picture soon!


I will be sure to blog more often so my posts aren't this long every time!  He he.  HAVE AN AMAZING weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Yay for Jenna blogging!

    Grandma asked if she needed to finish it? And mom told you? Or did you hear her... that is SO FUNNY! I thought the robe was beautiful!

    And that Maria story cracked me up. I love it! So fun to hear about your days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom told me about it! I think she just explained to Grandma that it was my first robe and I made a few little mistakes- which isn't true at all... I made a few BIG mistakes!

    ReplyDelete