Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Ready For This Day to Start!

Alright, so like I said... I want to sew an AVERAGE of one thing per day.  Yesterday, I worked on my robe.  I didn't finish it, but I definitely made good progress.  I mean, if you look at it, you can tell it is a robe!  I probably could've gotten more done, but I still want to relax this week.  So, I plan on finishing it later this evening and then posting pictures!  Then, I will start on my next item... a baby bunting!

Today, I am doing some WEDDING PLANNING!  Well, kind of.  I have been engaged for a few weeks now to a great guy named Chris.  I haven't done a whole lot in terms of planning, but I have been told that one of the most important things to do is find a venue.  So today, my mom, my oldest sister Melanie, and I are going to check out two!  One is in Azle, TX.  The other is in Colleyville.  They both look AMAZING online, so I will get to see what they look like in person today!  Hopefully if I like one of them enough, I will end up taking Chris to see it, and maybe we can make a final decision!  Pretty much, the only other "planning" I have done for the wedding so far is picking out my bridal party.  I got a great idea from one of my BFF's, Erin.  She is so crappy!  She is probably one of my crappiest friends of all!  (We were in Mrs. Almand's class in 3rd grade together, and on the 1st day of school she was explaining how she does a lot of crafts... and was a very crafty person.... and she hoped we liked crafts too!  Put the word "crap" in every time I used "craft" and that's what Erin had heard that day!  Still HILARIOUS!)  Anyway, I got this super cute idea from her when she got married a few years ago... wow, I can't believe it's been so long! 

I made one of these for everyone in the bridal party: bridesmaids, jr. bridesmaids, maid of honor, groomsmen, best man, flower girl, and ring bearer.  Here are a couple to show you!

My sister, Laura, is going to be my maid of honor!  She had no idea I was asking her and was so surprised, but how could I not?!  She has been my best friend since the day I was born... couldn't think of anyone better to have by my side.  The only problem is that us Holland girls... we cry a lot!  I don't think she will be able to do the whole speech thing at the reception!

Chris chose his friend Rezwan to be his best man.  They have known each other since high school.  I have met him a few times and really like him and his wife, Heidi. 


I guess what I am most excited of all is getting to spend the day with my mom!  I used to work with her, but this past year I had to go to a different school.  It ended up working out great, but I still miss seeing her everyday!  So today is going to be so much fun!  I'll let you know how it goes later!

1 comment:

  1. I haven't asked who is in the bridal party! Tell me next time I see you =-)

    ReplyDelete